About the Pleasure Island Chamber
The Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce was established more than 75 years ago as a membership-based, non profit organization. Our Mission is to:
- Always serve our Members by actively promoting their businesses on and off the Island
- Enhance the economic vitality of southeast North Carolina through focused leadership and responsible
- Actively promote Pleasure Island and our Member businesses as a value–added visitor destination and
great place to do business
- Create a community-wide resource for Members to network, exchange ideas and, ultimately, enhance
- Serve as Ombudsman for Member businesses in addressing their issues, concerns and needs
- Help make Pleasure Island, and southeast North Carolina, the best place to Live, Work and Play
Providing Membership Benefits Plus Great Annual Events!
In addition to providing membership benefits including networking opportunities
and education, the Pleasure Island Chamber also hosts a variety of seasonal and annual events, many of which have become very popular and attract visitors from all over the region. Annual events include:
- Chowder Cookoff
- Beach Music Festival
- Seafood Blues and Jazz Festival
Seasonal events occur throughout the summer and include:
- Free Carolina Beach Movies at the Lake
- Free weekly Fireworks on the Beach
- Free Summer Concert Series
Not only do these events enhance life for our residents here on the island, they also give a big boost to local businesses and help drive the tourism industry for Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fisher.
Serving a Diverse Range of Local Businesses
The Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce is proud to have over 400 members today and that number is growing every month. Our members represent a wide range of businesses serving the communities of Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Fort Fisher, Monkey Junction, Wilmington, and more.
Search our site for Where to Stay, Where to Play, Where to Eat and explore Local Businesses to find restaurants, shopping, hotels, motels, vacation rentals, oceanfront condos, golfing, places of interest, and things to do in the area, as well as a multitude of services such as real estate, home building, financial planning, mortgage loan officers, photograpy, design, fitness centers, beauty salons, and boat rentals among many, many others.
Monthly Chamber Socials - Where You Need to Be!
The Pleasure Island Chamber also boasts some of the most fun & successful networking socials of any business group in the area. Just ask participating members about our monthly socials and you'll be convinced. Our mixers are hosted by different members each month and feature food and drinks as well as all sorts of prizes donated by Chamber members. We're a group with a strong sense of balance between serious business endeavors & work ethic and serious fun! We believe great things can come out of a relaxed social atmosphere when you get sharp entreprenuerial minds together.
Contact the Chamber headquarters to inquire about membership today: 910-458-8434
Please refer to the Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce By-Laws for further information on our mission, policies, and structure.